The Financial Assistance Awards application window takes place annually in the first three weeks of August.
- Individual awards ranging from $2,000 – $9,000 are available for eligible activity occurring between September 30, 2022 – September 29, 2023.
- Only one application will be accepted per round. Multiple rounds are dependent upon the availability of funds.
- 25% cash match required. For every authorized $100 you spend you will be reimbursed $75.
- Reviewing and scoring processes are highly competitive.
- Watch the STEP Best Practices Webinar (webinar slides with notes available here).
- *Please note, the webinar was recorded in 2018 and some of the specifics (award amount, dates, caps, etc.) have changed. Review current guidelines for grant requirements, use this webinar as a tool for the actual execution of a quality application.
Eligible activities for Financial Assistance Awards
- Foreign market sales trips
- Governor’s or foreign trade mission
- Trade Show; International or Domestic*
- Services provided by the U.S. Department of Commerce
*see guidelines for additional details/requirements