Let’s get growing.
When your business succeeds, Idaho’s economy does too, and we’re not just talking about money. Strong companies spark new ideas, cultivate inspired leaders and attract more talented workers to the state. That’s why we’re invested in helping your business thrive. Whether you’re just starting out or looking to grow, here are a few tools and resources to help make your hopes and dreams a reality. You can also reach out to our experienced Business Retention and Expansion team for customized assistance. Want to learn more about our BRE team? Click here.
I’m starting a business.
- Business.Idaho.gov: A website that provides forms, contacts, and checklists to get you started, all in one place.
- Starting a Business in Idaho: A resource guide highlighting the registration process and regulatory issues new businesses encounter and how to manage them with ease.
- Idaho Rural Business Center: This resource provides research and learning opportunities for rural entrepreneurs and small business owners.
- Starting a Franchise: A FTC guide on the steps of buying into a franchise
- Still have questions? Check out our FAQ page for frequently asked questions by businesses.
I’m ready to get growing.
- Sources of Capital for Small Businesses: A guide alerting you to organizations that can help you evaluate and prepare to pursue various sources of capital. See also our external financing page.
- Small Business Administration Grants & Loans: SBA programs to help you start, expand or purchase a business.
- Idaho Housing and Finance Association Small Business Loans: Financing to help meet small business loan collateral requirements.
- Idaho TechHelp: Request technical and professional assistance to improve your products and processes.
- Idaho Manufacturers Connect: A tool for manufacturers to let other companies know who they are, what they can do, what products they produce, and where they are located.
- Incentives and Grants: Explore funding sources available to Idaho businesses, including small business grants.
- Export Assistance: Expand your customer base via international markets
- Government Contracting: Access state and federal agency contracts.
- REDIFiT: A low-interest transportation loan program.
- Elevate Idaho: Connects Idaho entrepreneurs with the resources they need to take their ventures to the next level of success.
- Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center: A non-profit organization dedicated to helping U.S. companies grow and prosper in a globalized economy.
- Industrial Revenue Bonds: Tax-free bonds to finance manufacturing, processing, production and assembly.
- Resource Map: A map of organizations providing funding assistance and other resources in Idaho.
I want training.
- Idaho Commerce Training Resources: View our latest webinars, virtual roundtables and other helpful training resources.
- Idaho Small Business Development Center: Confidential, no-cost consulting and low-cost training to help your business take off running.
- Workforce Development: Learn what resources are available to help you train your workforce.
- SCORE: America’s premier source of free business mentoring and education.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Training: Courses designed to help you research, plan and turn your ideas into a great business.
- Idaho Women’s Business Center: Serves all women-owned businesses in Idaho by providing mentoring, events and more.
Expand to new markets.
A new incentive for investing in designated low-income cities, counties and tribes in Idaho.
Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM)
Technology partnerships that get good grades.
COVID-19 Resources and Information
COVID-19 resources and information available to businesses.
Still not finding what you need? Search for resources near you on our resource map or use the form below to contact us for more information.