NEWS RELEASE: For Immediate Release
Contact: Laurie McConnell
Idaho Commerce – Tourism Development
Idaho Commerce Opens 2018 Application for the Idaho Regional Travel & Convention Grant Program
BOISE, Idaho—Tuesday, February 20, 2018—The Idaho Department of Commerce-Tourism Development is accepting applications for the Idaho Regional Travel & Convention Grant Program for the 2018 grant cycle. Applications must be submitted via the Department’s online portal by 4:30 p.m. (Mountain Time) on April 2, 2018.
Created in 1981, the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant Program is funded through the collection of a 2% tax on the sales of hotel, motel, private campground, and vacation rental accommodations. Total collections are disbursed as follows:
- 10% to administration of the program
- 45% to fund travel promotion statewide
- 45% to grants within the region it was collected
The Idaho Travel Council (ITC) oversees the grant program which distributes funds to non-profit, incorporated organizations which have a viable travel or convention program in place.
The ITC has the goal of promoting the State of Idaho and the designated travel regions within the state through:
- Meaningful programs to develop and promote scenic attractions and tourism assets of the state;
- Return on investment through reporting that validates the best use of marketing dollars to achieve overnight stays;
- Use of cooperative marketing opportunities to leverage budget and market penetration;
- Collaboration and consolidation of marketing projects with partners to align strategies and leverage consistent messaging; and
- Electronic and social media opportunities that have an ability to target a broader market base or specific niche audiences.
For more information about the Idaho Regional Travel and Convention Grant, including a detailed application schedule and an application preview visit: https://commerce.idaho.gov/tourism-resources/itc-grant-program
For access to the grant portal, please send a request to email@example.com.