Being exempt is worth it.
Property tax exemptions are a significant economic development tool to attract new and retain existing businesses.
Property tax exemptions are a discretionary incentive County Commissioners can offer business development projects which offer a significant economic impact to their communities. The documents below are provided to help counties develop their own processes and procedures for use of the incentive.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Road Map for Implementation
- Scenarios to Consider
- Sample Ordinance
- Sample Application
- Sample Resolution
- Sample Internal Process
- Property Tax Exemption Statute (63-602NN)
- Property Tax Exemption Administrative Rules
- Property Tax Exemption Webinar (Video Password: VRT 61517)