The fight against COVID-19 is not over. As the variants continue to spread throughout the United States, Idahoans must remain vigilant. Idaho’s Department of Commerce and Department of Health and Welfare want to help you make sure your employees remain healthy.
Idaho is committed to supporting your efforts to encourage your employees to choose to get vaccinated — the best defense against the COVID-19 virus. Whether you need a mobile vaccine clinic on-site or support with employee communications, we are here to help. You can find the resources to support your employee vaccination efforts here.
On this page, you’ll find an outline of how the state can help you make it easier for your employees to get vaccinated, an example of communications to your employees to encourage them to choose to get the vaccine and other important information you may need. You can find this information here, by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the “For Employers” section under “Other Resources.”
In June, Idaho conducted a survey of 300 unvaccinated Idahoans, and the results outlined the following:
- Many people are in the “wait and see how things go” mindset. This means people will decide, in their own time, when they will get the vaccine.
- Many people also indicated that they wanted to wait around a year to see how things were going.
- Most unvaccinated people are not concerned about getting COVID-19. They express concerns about safety and side effects of the available vaccines.
- For those who are likely to get the vaccine, convenience is a major concern.
- Those likely to be vaccinated in the future are concerned about time off work.
If you would like a copy of the survey results, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The state also recently launched new public service announcements (PSAs) based on the survey results. The PSAs feature real Idahoans talking about their experience getting the vaccine and why they chose to do so. The current PSAs in the market are available below, and you are welcome to use them on your own social media channels or internally with your employees: