The IGEM Council is a twelve-member council appointed by the Governor as prescribed in Idaho Code section 67-4726.
Membership of the Council includes:
- Four (4) representatives from the private sector;
- One (1) representative from the State Board of Education;
- One (1) representative from Idaho National Laboratory or the Center for Advanced Energy Studies;
- One (1) representative each from Boise State University, Idaho State University, and the University of Idaho;
- One (1) representative from the Idaho State Senate;
- One (1) representative from the Idaho House of Representatives; and the
- Director for the Idaho Department of Commerce.
This 12 member Council thoroughly vets IGEM grant proposals to mitigate risk and maximize the return on investment for this publicly funded grant program. The IGEM Council’s fiscal stewardship and strategic direction advances IGEM’s overall intended goal of economic prosperity through investments in technological advancements and innovation.
Dr. David J Hill
IGEM Council Chairman, State Board of Education Board member, retired Deputy Director for Science and Technology at the Idaho National Laboratory
Dr. Steve Aumeier
Director for the Center for Advanced Energy Studies (CAES)
Senator Kelly Anthon
Education, Judiciary & Rules Committees
Representative Luke Malek
Vice Chair-Judiciary, Rules & Administration; Appropriations; Environment, Energy & Technology
Director, Idaho Department of Commerce
Rick R. Stott
CEO, Superior Farms; Former Executive Vice President of Business Development of Agri Beef Co.
William G. Gilbert, Jr.
Co-Founder and Managing Director, The CAPROCK Group, Inc.
Vice President and General Manager, Future Technologies, LaserJet and Enterprise Solutions (LES), Hewlett-Packard Company
Dr. Janet Nelson
Vice President for Research and Economic Development, University of Idaho
Dr. Mark Rudin
Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Boise State University
Dr. Neels Van der Schyf
Vice President for Research, Idaho State University