Complying with U.S. Export Controls
Presented by the US Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
DATE: March 7 & 8, 2018
TIME: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Embassy Suites – Portland Airport – 7900 NE 82nd Avenue Portland OR 97220COST: $355.00 (if registered by February 20) $455.00 (if registered after February 20)
- What items and activities are subject to the EAR
- Steps to take to determine the export licensing requirements for your item
- How to determine your export control classification number (ECCN);
- When you can export or reexport without applying for a license
- Export clearance procedures and record keeping requirements;
- Export Management Program (EMP) concepts
- Real life examples in applying this information.
Presenters will conduct a number of “hands-on” exercises to prepare you to apply the regulations to your own company’s export activities. This one-of-a-kind program is well suited for those who need a comprehensive understanding of their obligations under the EAR
About the Instructors
The instructors are experienced export policy specialists and enforcement personnel from BIS’s field offices. The instructors will be available throughout the seminar to answer your questions.
Continental breakfast, coffee breaks, lunch on both full days, and conference materials.
Lodging is available onsite for $182.00 (+ tax & fees) per night. Use online link or call 503-335-6851 and ask for group rate PND. Rate is good for reservations before February 4, 2018 or until sold out.
Contact Amy Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-364-7791