Governor Little to lead delegation during the 2019 Governor’s Trade Mission to Taiwan and Hong Kong, October 18-26, 2019.
Registration form and additional details can be found here. Registration is now open.
- Taiwan and Hong Kong are excellent markets for new to export companies and companies looking to increase their exports to Asia.
- Taiwan has risen recently to be the 2nd largest destination for Idaho exports.
- Exports to Taiwan increased by 17.1% in 2018.
- Hong Kong is an important gateway city to other regions in Asia.
Some of the leading opportunities in Taiwan include computer services and software, energy, electronic components, medical devices, telecommunications equipment, lumber, and food and agriculture products.
Some of the leading opportunities in Hong Kong include electronic equipment and machinery, energy, arms and ammunition, and food and agriculture products.
Benefits of Idaho Trade Missions
- Opening doors to prime international markets.
- Gaining high-level access to potential customers and key government officials.
- Recognizing your existing key customers through the exclusive Idaho Valued Partner Award presented by Governor Little.
- Becoming more prepared to enter into international relationships by gaining a deeper understanding of the trade markets in Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Meetings in Taipei, Taiwan: October 21-22, 2019.
- Meetings in Hong Kong: October 24-25, 2019.
Who should Participate
- Idaho firms and organizations looking to expand sales and build international business relationships in a new market.
- Companies wanting to strengthen and transform existing customer relationships that have already been established in Taiwan or Hong Kong.
As a reminder, financial assistance is available to small businesses via STEP Grant funds to help offset certain trade mission-related costs.
This trade mission is first come, first served. Space is limited, so register today!
Questions and Contacts
- Sarah Massie, Idaho Commerce: (208) 780-5151
- Paris Dickerson, Idaho State Dept. of Agriculture: (208) 332-8538