Governor’s Trade Mission to Taiwan and Vietnam 2017
Registration is open!
Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter will lead an Idaho trade delegation to Taiwan and Vietnam in November 2017.
- Taiwan is an excellent market for new to export companies and companies looking to increase their exports to Asia.
- Taiwan remains the 3rd largest overall export destination for Idaho.
- Vietnam has a strong GDP growth as well as a fast growing middle and affluent class. Vietnam’s annual economic growth rate of 5.3% has been second only to China in Asia.
- Vietnam’s imports have increased at an annualized rate of 17.1% during the last five years.
Some of the leading opportunities in Taiwan include computer services & software, energy, electronic components, medical devices, telecommunications equipment, lumber, and food and agriculture products.
Some of the leading opportunities in Vietnam include aviation, environmental equipment, lumber, healthcare, information and communications technologies, power generation, telecommunications equipment and agriculture products.
Benefits of Idaho Trade Missions:
- Opening doors to prime international markets
- Gaining high-level access to potential customers and key government officials
- Recognizing your existing key customers through the exclusive Idaho Valued Partner Award presented by Governor Otter
- Becoming more prepared to enter into international relationships by gaining a deeper understanding of the trade markets in Taiwan and Vietnam
Meetings will take place in:
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Hanoi, Vietnam
For additional details, click here.
For questions, please contact:
Sarah Massie, (208) 780-5151 (Idaho Commerce)
Paris Dickerson, (208) 332-8538 (ISDA)
“From my perspective, the whole experience was refreshing. Governor Otter was there as part of my business team, lending credibility to our efforts in China.”
~Chris Hunsaker, Double L
(2016 China Trade Mission Participant)