The Australian International Airshow and Aerospace & Defence Exposition (AVALON) 2019
THE ESSENTIAL AVIATION, AEROSPACE AND DEFENSE SHOWCASE FOR AUSTRALIA AND THE ASIA PACIFIC REGION
The Idaho Department of Commerce will be exhibiting at the Avalon Airshow just outside of Melbourne, Australia, and we are organizing an Idaho Pavilion within the larger U.S. Partnership Pavilion to promote Idaho and Idaho companies through the shared space.
The Avalon Airshow takes place every other year and alternates with the Singapore Airshow. Avalon supports multiple ways to engage with government, industry and defense opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for Idaho companies to gain significant international exposure.
- The Asia Pacific region is undergoing major growth in defense and aviation, with budgets in many countries continuing to rise and an ever-increasing level of sophistication in technologies, equipment, systems and operational methods.
- High levels of economic growth and technological development have resulted in growing demand for aviation and aerospace services, products and technology, right across the spectrum from General Aviation to airlines, air forces and space.
- In a comprehensive White Paper issued in February 2016, Australia’s Department of Defense outlined $195 billion in defense modernization spending between now and 2025-26. The plan calls for annual budget increases rising to 2% of GDP by 2020-21 and total annual budget growing from $32.4 billion next year to $58.7 billion by 2026.
- The scope of the event aligns with the government’s spending priorities, virtually guaranteeing that any stakeholder who’s planning to buy anything over the next ten years will be walking floor and looking for you!
- For more details of the big bucket break outs, click here and then click “Read more”.
AVALON 2017 Show Report:
- 664companies from 25 countries displayed their wares, services and technologies before an informed, focused and highly motivated audience.
- Nearly 34,000 record breaking attendance of accredited trade visitors for the event during the three industry-only trade days and a total record breaking event attendance of 210,664.
- 158 delegations including military, industry, bureaucratic and scientific personnel from 48 countries.
- A total of 367 accredited media from 14 countries attended the event.
- 634 aircraft of all shapes, sizes and designations participated in the event, including 108 military.
- 41 International Air Chiefs present or represented.
For the 2017 exhibitor list, click here.
For details regarding how to be co-located in the Idaho Pavilion, please contact Sarah Massie (208) 780-5151.