DOE’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) is putting the world-class resources of the national labs at your fingertips, with the Small Business Vouchers Pilot (SBV). Through 2016, EERE is providing up to $20 million in vouchers so that small businesses can request technical assistance from national labs to help bring the next generation of clean technologies to market.
Expertise for Clean Tech Businesses
Eligible small businesses can request vouchers up to $300,000 in up to three rounds of requests. Selected businesses are matched with handpicked experts at the national labs, who use this funding to help businesses create and commercialize new and improved products and processes.
Examples of assistance SBV can provide small businesses include:
- Addressing technical problems
- Testing and validating technologies
- Developing and testing unique materials
- Conducting modeling and analyses
- Providing advanced technology for hardware and software applications
- Improving production and manufacturing processes
- Scaling up technologies and processes
- Developing engineering designs
- Conducting technoeconomic analyses to understand market value