Idaho Commerce hosts economic development webinars focusing on a variety of topics ranging from Idaho businesses and industries to economic development strategy, tools and resources. Check out our full library of webinars below.
- January 2019: Jerry Miller discusses Idaho Opportunity Zones and the recently issued rules and regulations surrounding them.
- May 2019: Randall Kemp from Idaho Commission for Libraries discusses free resources available to businesses, students and communities at Idaho libraries.
- June 2019: Dave Glaser, CEO of MoFi discusses the impact and assistance they provide to small businesses and communities across Idaho including business lending, consulting services and New Market Tax Credits.
- July 2019: Members of the Idaho Commerce staff provide an overview of projects and activities that may be funded through various Idaho Commerce grant programs.
- August 2019: Presenters from the Idaho Heritage Trust, Preservation Idaho and the Idaho State Historical Society share resources for preserving and restoring historic buildings.
- September 2019: Presenter Kathy Muir discusses Idaho State Parks and Recreation Funding Resources. The webinar presented funding resources for trails, waterways and park facilities
- January 2018: Jerry Miller from Idaho Commerce discusses downtown revitalization.
- March 2018: Patrick Meuleman from the Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center discusses how his program can assist Idaho businesses.
- April 2018: Patrick Watson gives an overview of Idaho Commerce research and data tools.
- May 2018: Tom Shaner and Cynthia Adrian from the Idaho Tax Commission discuss recent federal and state tax reform and how it affects Idaho tax payers.
- July 2018: Andrea Vlassis-Zahn from the Idaho Commerce Business Attraction Team gives an update and overview on Gem State Prospector including tips and tricks.
- August 2018: Scott Bailey from NuScale Power and Bryan Atkinson from Fluor talk about advanced nuclear opportunities for Idaho companies.
- September 2018: John Chatburn from the Governor’s Office of Energy and Mineral Resources and Russ Hahn from Idaho Power lead a discussion highlighting energy in Idaho.
- October 2018: Catie Bennett, Economic Development Specialist at the US Small Business Administration, takes a deep dive into SBA programs and services and FY2019 initiative including a rural focus/USDA MOU, HUB zone increase and fee waivers.
- February 2017: The Idaho Commerce Business Retention and Expansion team overview.
- March 2017: The Idaho Department of Labor talks about the Apprenticeship Idaho program.
- May 2017: The Idaho Small Business Development Center gives an overview of their services and how they collaborate with Economic Development Professionals.
- June 2017: Alan Dornfest from the Idaho Tax Commission talks about property tax exemptions and what that means for both new and established Idaho businesses.
- August 2017: Will Whelan from The Nature Conservancy talks about collaborative forest restoration in Idaho.
- September 2017: Mike Witry from the Intermountain Fair Housing Council discusses workforce housing and creative solutions for communities.
- November 2017: Kathryn Almberg from The Housing Company gives an overview of her program and some projects they’ve done in communities around Idaho.
- March 2016: Raino Zoller from Trailhead in Boise talks about co-working and maker spaces.
- April 2016: The Idaho Commerce Business Attraction Team discusses economic development strategy tools offered by the department and how to best utilize them.
- May 2016: Montana Idaho CDC discuss their services and opportunities for Idaho businesses.
- June 2016: USDA Rural Development present on their Community Programs opportunities for Idaho communities.
- August 2016: Idaho Transportation Department gives an overview of Idaho’s Workforce Transportation Initiative.
- September 2016: Carmen Achabal talks about the Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM)
- October 2016: Andrea Rayburn from Idaho Tourism goes over Idaho Tourism content assets, who can use them and how, and how those assets can help bolster tourism in Idaho communities.