Idaho Commerce hosts economic development webinars focusing on a variety of topics ranging from Idaho businesses and industries to economic development strategy, tools and resources. Check out our full library of webinars below. Click here to register for future webinars.
- January 2019: Jerry Miller discusses Idaho Opportunity Zones and the recently issued rules and regulations surrounding them.
- May 2019: Randall Kemp from Idaho Commission for Libraries discusses free resources available to businesses, students and communities at Idaho libraries.
- June 2019: Dave Glaser, CEO of MoFi discusses the impact and assistance they provide to small businesses and communities across Idaho including business lending, consulting services and New Market Tax Credits.
- July 2019: Members of the Idaho Commerce staff provide an overview of projects and activities that may be funded through various Idaho Commerce grant programs.
- August 2019: Presenters from the Idaho Heritage Trust, Preservation Idaho and the Idaho State Historical Society share resources for preserving and restoring historic buildings.
- September 2019: Presenter Kathy Muir discusses Idaho State Parks and Recreation Funding Resources. The webinar presented funding resources for trails, waterways and park facilities
- January 2018: Jerry Miller from Idaho Commerce discusses downtown revitalization.
- March 2018: Patrick Meuleman from the Northwest Trade Adjustment Assistance Center discusses how his program can assist Idaho businesses.
- April 2018: Patrick Watson gives an overview of Idaho Commerce research and data tools.
- May 2018: Tom Shaner and Cynthia Adrian from the Idaho Tax Commission discuss recent federal and state tax reform and how it affects Idaho tax payers.
- July 2018: Andrea Vlassis-Zahn from the Idaho Commerce Business Attraction Team gives an update and overview on Gem State Prospector including tips and tricks.
- August 2018: Scott Bailey from NuScale Power and Bryan Atkinson from Fluor talk about advanced nuclear opportunities for Idaho companies.
- September 2018: John Chatburn from the Governor’s Office of Energy and Mineral Resources and Russ Hahn from Idaho Power lead a discussion highlighting energy in Idaho.
- October 2018: Catie Bennett, Economic Development Specialist at the US Small Business Administration, takes a deep dive into SBA programs and services and FY2019 initiative including a rural focus/USDA MOU, HUB zone increase and fee waivers.
- February 2017: The Idaho Commerce Business Retention and Expansion team overview.
- March 2017: The Idaho Department of Labor talks about the Apprenticeship Idaho program.
- May 2017: The Idaho Small Business Development Center gives an overview of their services and how they collaborate with Economic Development Professionals.
- June 2017: Alan Dornfest from the Idaho Tax Commission talks about property tax exemptions and what that means for both new and established Idaho businesses.
- August 2017: Will Whelan from The Nature Conservancy talks about collaborative forest restoration in Idaho.
- September 2017: Mike Witry from the Intermountain Fair Housing Council discusses workforce housing and creative solutions for communities.
- November 2017: Kathryn Almberg from The Housing Company gives an overview of her program and some projects they’ve done in communities around Idaho.
- March 2016: Raino Zoller from Trailhead in Boise talks about co-working and maker spaces.
- April 2016: The Idaho Commerce Business Attraction Team discusses economic development strategy tools offered by the department and how to best utilize them.
- May 2016: Montana Idaho CDC discuss their services and opportunities for Idaho businesses.
- June 2016: USDA Rural Development present on their Community Programs opportunities for Idaho communities.
- August 2016: Idaho Transportation Department gives an overview of Idaho’s Workforce Transportation Initiative.
- September 2016: Carmen Achabal talks about the Idaho Global Entrepreneurial Mission (IGEM)
- October 2016: Andrea Rayburn from Idaho Tourism goes over Idaho Tourism content assets, who can use them and how, and how those assets can help bolster tourism in Idaho communities.