Idaho Commerce International Business Internships
Gain experience by working with a variety of companies in many different industries in a non-paid internship.
International Business Development Responsibilities:
- Assist in the preparations for upcoming international Trade Promotional Events.
- Responsible for assisting with seminars, publications, and other International Projects geared toward helping companies market and export their products and services.
- Work with the Boise Branch Office Chief for the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service (US & FCS) Federal Export Programs to become familiar with the US & FCS services.
- Assist in making arrangements, scheduling business calls and developing itineraries for International Visitors from foreign government offices and businesses.
- General computer experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Research skills: Internet and others
Travel requirements: NONE
How to Apply
To apply for an internship, submit the following:
- Resumé of work, volunteer, extracurricular or other experience
- Cover letter explaining your reason for wanting to participate in the program
- Two letters of recommendation (if submitting by e-mail, please have author of letter e-mail directly or submit a signed copy)
Mail or e-mail materials to:
Idaho Department of Commerce
Attn: Karen Parnell, International Business Team
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0093
Telephone: (208) 287-3159
Deadlines for Boise applicants:
- Fall Semester - August 10
- Spring Semester - December 1
- Summer Semester - April 20
Or until positions are filled.
Interested in an internship in our Idaho - Mexico Trade Office for 2017?
Please check back in the fall of 2016 for details and deadlines.