State Trade and Export Promotion Grant
Accepting Applications for financial assistance from both
NEW and PREVIOUSLY awarded Applicants for projects completed by September 29, 2015!
Maximum award amount increased to $5,000 per project thanks to surplus funds!
2 week turnaround time from application to award!
The State Trade and Export Promotion Grant Program (STEP) is a trade and export initiative to assist “eligible small business concerns,” enter and succeed in the international marketplace. Services under the STEP Program are funded in part by U.S. Small Business Administration. The grant's initiative is aimed at achieving two goals: 1) increase the number of Idaho small businesses that export and 2) increase the value of exports for small businesses that currently export.
- Foreign sales mission
- Governor’s or foreign trade mission
- Reverse trade mission
- International trade show
- Registration for Gold Key status and subscription to services with the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Translation of website
- Applications are currently being reviewed on a case by case basis to accommodate projects; please contact Tina Salisbury 208-287-3164 immediately to discuss timeline.
- Multiple projects allowed per grant period.
- Pre-award costs allowed that fall within the Federal Fiscal year (October 1, 2014 - September 29, 2015).
- 35% cash match required (for every authorized $1.00 you spend, you will be reimbursed $0.65 to a maximum of $5,000.00).
If allowable expenditures are $2,500, you will be reimbursed $1,625 ($2,500 x 65% = $1,625)
- If allowable expenditures are $6,000, you will be reimbursed $3,900 ($6,000 x 65% = $3,900)
- If allowable expenditures are $7,693, you will be reimbursed $5,000 ($7,693 x 65% = $5,000)
Click on the following link to learn more:
Required forms to be submitted with application:
All applications are accepted online at Idaho Commerce's Grant Portal. To register for an account and apply, contact STEP Grant Program Manager, Tina Salisbury at 208-287-3164 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for international newsletter notifications if you are not currently on our distribution list to ensure that you receive updates on application deadlines and other valuable information. Click here to subscribe.