Idaho's State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) Grant Program 2015-2016
Two options to take advantage of STEP funds...
OPTION # 1
Idaho Department of Commerce (IDC) and Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA) have chosen six International Trade Shows for Idaho Pavilions
STEP funds will pay for the cost of booth space and construction, airfare and lodging for one employee from each selected company. All coordination of the booth and travel arrangements will be made by IDC/ISDA. Companies will submit competitive applications to be selected for participation. 4-6 companies will be selected for each pavilion.
- Arms and Ammunition: IWA Outdoor Classics – Nuremburg, Germany, March 4-7, 2016
- Technology: CeBit – Hannover, Germany, March 14-18, 2016
- Equine: Mane Event (tentative) – Red Deer, Alberta, Canada, April 21-24, 2016
- Aerospace: Farnborough Air Show – London, England, July 11-17, 2016
- Outdoor Recreation: Outdoor Show – Friedrichshafen, Germany, July 13-16, 2016
- Personal Care: Cosmoprof (tentative) – Las Vegas, NV, July 24-26, 2016
OPTION # 2
Financial Assistance Plans (formerly International Market Access Grants (IMAGs)
- Competitive awards to facilitate eligible international marketing campaigns of company's choice
- Awards will range from $2,000 minimum up to $15,000 maximum per project, 35% cash match required
- Multiple awards per company allowed based upon availability of funds
- Pre-award costs allowed for eligible expenses that fall within the Federal Fiscal year
- Maximum of 21 awards available; lower allocation of funds compared to previous years; review and scoring process will be very competitive
- Open and competitive application process. We're striving for a 2-week turnaround from submittal of application to award. Applicants must submit application at least 45 days in advance of the project start date
Eligible activities for Financial Assistance Plans include:
- Governor's or Foreign Trade Mission
- Foreign Market Sales Trips
- Services proved by the U.S. Department of Commerce
- Website translation to a foreign language, search engine optimization, localization services
- International Trade Shows
After reading guidelines for option #1 or option #2, click on the following links to learn more:
Required forms to be submitted with application for option #1 and/or option #2:
Budget and Request for Funds 2 in 1 (option #2 only)
All applications are accepted online at Idaho Commerce's Grant Portal. To register for an account and apply, contact STEP Grant Program Manager, Tina Salisbury at 208-287-3164 or by email: email@example.com.
Sign up for international newsletter notifications if you are not currently on our distribution list to ensure that you receive updates on application deadlines and other valuable information. Click here to subscribe.
“Funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration”