State Trade and Export Promotion (STEP) grants are a tremendous opportunity for Idaho companies in any industry to assist with export market development and promotion activities. Businesses looking to increase their exports, find new markets, or get involved in exporting for the first time are encouraged to apply.
Upcoming Grant Application Deadlines
- Deadline: January 10, 2014
- The grant is a three-year trade and export pilot initiative funded in part through a cooperative agreement by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Grants are available on a competitive basis to companies who meet the small business standards as set by the SBA. View a complete listing of industry specific small business definitions.
Market Access Grants
Qualifying expenses covered by the grant include:
- International travel costs for approved business activity
- Governor’s trade mission
- International trade show or event
- International sales mission
- Company-specific international projects
- Creation or translation of marketing materials for an international activity
- Bringing a potential foreign buyer or partner to Idaho for a site visit
- U.S. Commercial Service products such as Gold Keys
Grants will be awarded in amounts up to $10,000 with a dollar for dollar cost match requirement.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not new funding, it is an extension of funding for 2012-2013 U.S. Small Business Administration award. If your company has already reached the maximum award of $10,000, you are not be eligible for additional monies.
All monies must be used and projects completed by awardees by September 29, 2014.
To apply, a company must write a proposal and submit it to Idaho Commerce. Applications are then reviewed by a panel and award decisions are made.
- STEP Grant Application
- Grant Budget Form
- Grant Rules
- Examples: Budget Narrative and Budget Worksheet
- Proposal is received and reviewed by a grant panel
- Successful applicants notified
- Company engages in international activity
- Company submits report and receipts
- Reimbursement sent to company
For questions, please contact Karen Parnell, (208) 287-3159