Trade Mission Background
Trade missions provide Idaho companies with an unparalleled opportunity to pursue potential business partnerships, make contacts, and open doors in foreign markets. Trade missions are often led by the Governor, however they can also be led by the Lt. Governor, director or other administrator. Trade missions are extremely targeted events that involve precision planning and clear goals. Past trade missions increase sales and find representation for their company in new foreign markets.
Participants in trade missions can typically expect the following services to be provided:
- Market briefings on target country
- Pre-mission briefing and mission materials
- Individualized itineraries for each company targeting both potential customers and key government officials
- Transportation, hotels, visa and passport processing, interpreters, and logistics
- Governor/Director to participate in key meetings to help remove potential barriers or create sales
- Valued Partner Award ceremonies in key cities on mission route to invite potential business contacts, honor current business partners, and create goodwill towards Idaho
Benefits for businesses include:
- Direct contact with key potential customers in target country
- Potential for greatly shortening the sales cycle
- Media exposure for your company in target country and the US
- Ability to address potential trade barriers with key government officials that would be difficult to access under normal circumstances
- Enhance familiarity with the target country’s market, business practices, and culture
- Potential for finding distribution, representation, investors, or logistical help
Companies of any size and industry are welcome to participate in trade missions; however, space is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. To be notified about future trade missions, please contact our International Trade team or subscribe to the International Trade Team’s Global Edge newsletter.
Currently Scheduled Trade Missions
Please visit the events calendar for information on upcoming trade missions.