Setting up a meeting with an Idaho Commerce trade specialist can be a valuable step in starting or expanding international trade in your business.
Whether you are new to exporting and still unsure if it is right for your company or you are an experienced exporter, a trade specialist will work with you as a partner to make your export endeavors more successful.
Some of the topics covered in consultation may include:
- Determine export potential
- Analyze target markets
- Provide market research on consumer behaviors, products, demand, competitors, and culture in target countries
- Assist in defining market entry strategies
- Answer questions on payment terms, incoterms, financing, logistics, and shipping
- Find contacts for international representation, freight forwarders, distributors, and other resources
- Advise on export plan development
- Encourage your company to be involved in key trade missions or trade shows
- Partner you with other agencies, such as the U.S. Commercial Service, to accomplish specific goals
- Discuss exporting problems and solutions specific to your company or industry
- Advise on intellectual property, trademarks, and other ways to protect your brand overseas
- Cultural advice and business etiquette for dealing with foreign buyers and governments
The trade specialist will meet with you periodically to check progress and discuss issues, but you are welcome to contact them at any time for questions or concerns that may arise.